Eranove group encompasses more than 7 800 employees who are almost all native to the African continent.
Conscious that employees are our biggest strength, we have an ambitious and avant-garde social policy. Initiated by Monsieur Marcel Zadi Kessy, previous eranove and SODECI Chairman, it aims to include African cultural values in the management of the modern business. To achieve this, special attention is paid to social dialogue with employee representative bodies in each company: works committee, trade union representatives, staff representatives.
Example of the Social Appeal Body at CIE (IRS)
- Implemented in June 2001
- Objective: in a spirit of dialogue and social peace, to give any employee that has been made redundant the possibility to be re-hired by bringing new elements to light
- Composition: IRS is a conciliatory body composed of two representatives from Human Resource Management, one representative from Operational Audit, three of the nine jury members appointed by the three company trade unions, two representatives from the employee’s hierarchy (non permanent and without a vote), and finally the redundant employee assisted by a delegate of their choice
- IRS comes into play when the dismissed employee contests the conditions and reasons for their redundancy
- the application has 30 days from the date dismissal is notified to send an appeal to the Chairman of the board of directors or the Managing Director indicating new elements
- the IRS makes a decision and re-examines the dismissal, sending an opinion and the reasoning behind it to General Management for final decision
The social policy of the eranove group companies contributes to the well-being of the workers and covers fields as varied as career management, medical coverage, associations, etc.
To involve employees even more in the company’s production efforts, they are enrolled in a profit sharing scheme.
Furthermore, they can benefit from various socially-related financing thanks to the funds created within the company, for example mutual investment funds.
Also, each company has developed tools to raise awareness and help manage the family budget the purpose of which, beyond the satisfaction of material needs, is to help employees to manage better, fulfil their projects and prepare their post-professional or extra-professional lives.
Socially related financing
- The Mutual Investment Fund allows employees to participate in the equity of their company and of the group. These funds have other diversified investments in Côte d’Ivoire .
- The Solidarity Fund, an expression of African solidarity carried over to company level, is fed by an annual contribution from the company and by the employees’ monthly contributions. It makes it possible for employees to benefit from a non refundable financial aid in the event of happy or unhappy events.
- The savings and loan mutual fund makes it possible for employees who have proved their capacity for savings to apply for a loan. This mutual fund especially facilitates employees to purchase homes.
- Retirement Health Coverage is an innovating social product in Côte d’Ivoire. This insurance policy makes it possible for retired staff to have medical coverage during their retirement. It mitigates the absence of national insurance coverage for pensioners in Côte d’Ivoire.
- The Solidary Health Fund caters for workers infected by HIV. The patients benefit from free treatment based on tri-therapy.
CIE, SODECI and CIPREL have deployed the “Household Budget” concept in the companies. This project consists in putting the individual and the household at the heart of the country’s economic and social development as the main and essential actor: if the household group is correctly managed in a healthy environment, then the district, the village, the town, the city and the entire country will follow.
To achieve this, training and awareness sessions are organised for all employees covering household budget management, learning to save, and the protection of the living environment. These workshops contribute directly to the personal development of the employees throughout their careers, and helps them to retire serenely.